Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Sensitive Exchange, or do I need the Doll Hospital? Help please...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For Christmas, I bought my very best friend a Bitty Baby.

    She sends me pictures of her baby pretty often.
    I have noticed that her Bitty has a lazy eye, one does not seem to open completely.I asked her aboutit and she said "It just seems to be set a little different, but I love her just as she is anyhow."

    I would really like for her doll to be perfect.Going back and looking at the pictures, it must have been this way from the beginning.I just peeked at her before I wrapped her up for Christmas.I did not notice it then.

    So, Would this eye problem be covered under a warranty? I can not find the invoice, would they take the print out of the order summery?

    Also, I have never met my best friend, IRL lol, She is in Buffalo.We have been penpals for years.
    Would I need to get her to send the doll to me, then I would send it to the company? Or should I send her some money and have her ship the Bitty back to AG? I am having a hard time knowing how to handle it.I may not even be able to convince her to let us fix Bitty, she has grown rather attached to her.

    Any ideas, suggestions or advice will be appreciated. Thanks, ~Anna

  2. #2
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    Actually it would be covered to be exchanged with no problems. Within 6 months you can just ask them to send you a slip and a new doll. Just call CS and talk with them about it in the morning.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with Johannna. Unless, the eye does not bother your friend, then go ahead and exchange it! They are very good about this, as long as you got the order number or receipt. [img]smile.gif[/img] Good luck! Tell us what happens.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member adriana82's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2004
    Posts
    158
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Bitty Baby's eye does that when she's not sitting up straight. I just fix it with my finger and put her back and usually it stays.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you everyone.I really appreciate your help.I really value your opinions.I have never exchanged anything by mail before, but it sounds like American Girl will be easy to work with. Thanks again everyone ~Anna

  6. #6
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would tell my friend that there is a 6 month free exchange period. If she is really attached to her Bitty Baby and doesn't want a different one, I wouldn't press the issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •